Friday, January 29, 2010

Back from Hibernation :)

Hey All!

So I know I haven't given a real update for such a long time. I guess the roller coaster of life didn't really let me do so.

So guess what? I'm back from Puerto Rico!

lol Which I'm sure all of you already know :P and it is SO GOOD to be home :) I mean really don't get me wrong. I really did have a good time in PR, but I guess that experience really made me realize how much I really do like the life that I have. It made me realize that I really need my family more than I realized. I mean I always knew that they meant a lot to me and I didn't anticipate the impact that it made on me not having the option to see them. I mean, even when I moved out of my house, I am still only 70 miles away, and even though its a good drive, if i need or wanted to see them I totally could. Not having that option really affected me, even to the point of bawling like a 7 year old while watching Mamma Mia, because of how close the girl is with her mom while planning her wedding. So the wails of tears came from missing my mommy dearly and being single and never knowing if I will ever have moments like that with my mom lol. Anyway I digress... It was more than just being separated from my family, but actually not being there for some key moments on the west side.

For Instance... my lovely and wonderful niece Cinthia Diana Novoa-Smith was born in September, so for the first two and a half months of her life I only knew her from Skype and Myspace.
She's the first niece I have! And so beautiful!

I guess it's sort of pointless to dwell on why I'm glad I'm home, I guess sometimes I feel guilty for not really missing being there. Don't get me wrong, I really do miss all of the wonderful people that I met along the way in that adventure of my life, but really there's no place like home, and California is my home.

I think thats enough of an update from me right now, its getting late such, but I promise to be back more frequently. Please feel free to leave thoughts and comments. Much love!

~Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment